What health and safety requirements do we need?
Suppliers working in residents homes must have a recognised health and safety accreditation. We use Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) to monitor our suppliers.
SSIP is an umbrella organisation for health and safety certificates.
Visit their website www.ssip.org.uk
for more information.
Why do we need to sign a Code of Conduct?
We've very high standards for service delivery and these are explained in our Supplier Code of Conduct
. You'll have signed a document agreeing to adopt the code when completing your tender/supplier application.
The Code of Conduct
gives specific guidance around the following:
• Data Protection
• Health and Safety on site
• Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
• Dealing with Complaints.
We regularly survey our residents to check the Code is upheld.
What is safeguarding and why are suppliers responsible for it?
Everyone is responsible for safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk of abuse. All our staff, volunteers and contractors have responsibility for safeguarding. We ask you to be vigilant and recognise the crucial role you play in this.
Contractors providing front-line services need to make sure their staff:
- Are suitable to provide front-line services
- Comply with the Supplier Code of Conduct
- Follow AmicusHorizon's reporting procedures when they have concerns about anyone in or around our homes
- Co-operate fully with any investigations into received allegations.
More details can be found in our Safeguarding Policy.