Become a Digital Champion
Do you have basic computer skills, are comfortable using the internet and enjoy communicating with people? Why don't you volunteer as a Digital Champion and join our 'Get Connected' project today!
As part of joining our Digital Champion network you'll:
- Get access to seven free accredited training courses to develop your own skills and knowledge
- Receive Mozilla Open Badges when you complete a course, acknowledging your achievement. You can add this to your CV
- Share ideas and receive support
- Get the chance to make a difference to those around you!
What we ask from you
As our Digital Champion you need to help an average of four people a month - those people could be family and friends or people you work with. Champions might set up a class at a local community centre or sheltered housing scheme or volunteer to support a local computer club. There are so many ways to help.
Why we need your help?
Many business sectors now offer online services such as banking, shopping and health care. But not everyone has the confidence, knowledge or equipment to use the internet to access them. Our Digital Champions do not need to know everything technical, you just need to be able to:
- Use the internet confidently for everyday services and information
- Can be an advocates for encouraging others to get online
- Are good at communicating with people
- Are willing to give some time for other people to improve their IT skills
If you'd like to know more information about our 'Get Connected' project contact us on 0800 121 60 60.
Visit our 'Helping you get online' page to find out about our low cost computer equipment and internet provider - Happus and useful links and guides.