Search site

How do I swap my home with another resident?

A mutual exchange is when you swap your property with another Local Authority (council) or Housing Association resident

Both parties need our approval before an exchange can take place. You cannot carry out an exchange if:

  • You hold a Starter, Assured shorthold or Demoted tenancy
  • You or person you want to swap with will under occupy the home you want to swap to

You can carry out a mutual exchange by:

  • Going on the SwapandMove website
  • Registering with the scheme and look at properties on their website 
  • We're registered on the scheme so it's free to join if you are one of our residents
  • Find someone to swap with by completing a mutual exchange form.

For further information please contact your local office for further details.