We've won a host of awards from Kent Housing Group - 11 September 2012
On Tuesday 4 September 2012, we maintained our winning streak at the Kent Housing Group's awards ceremony at Oakwood House, Maidstone.
The award wins and commendations highlight AmicusHorizon's strengths across much of its business. In particular, its commitment to vulnerable residents, customer service and environmental issues.
AmicusHorizon achieved awards for:
- 'Excellence in Energy Efficiency' for IFORE. This international sector-leading initiative is part of a wider Rushenden regeneration project. It's unique in combining energy retrofit measures with extensive community engagement. Swale Borough Council has led on the retro-fitting of private homes in the area. This approach is the first programme of its kind in the country.
- 'Services to Older People'. Providing personal and empathetic support to residents moving out of their homes for modernisation.
- 'Excellence in Customer Service'. Awarded to Homes and Communities teams for their outstanding delivery of services to customers.
Commendations were also given to AmicusHorizon for its:
- 'Service to Vulnerable People'. The significant improvements made at domestic abuse refuges in Dover, Shepway and Maidstone impressed the judging panel. Together with the support given to young people at Bridge House, Sheerness where staff provide help and support to a number of young people
- 'Excellent Resident'. Beth Williams, Residents' Council Chair and Area Panel member was noted for making a real contribution to service improvement. She said: "I'm really pleased with the commendation for Excellent Residents. Thank you to AmicusHorizon and residents for working so well together to bring about service improvement. It's great our work has been acknowledged."
AmicusHorizon CEO, Steve Walker said: "I'm delighted our staff reaped the rewards for their sterling efforts in innovation, maintaining excellence, and serving local communities."
For more information on AmicusHorizon's award wins on Our awardspage.