Search site

How do I swap my home with another resident?

A mutual exchange is when you swap your property with another Local Authority (council) or Housing Association resident

Both parties need our approval before an exchange can take place. You cannot carry out an exchange if:

· You hold a Starter, Assured shorthold or Demoted tenancy

· You or person you want to swap with will under occupy the home you want to swap to

You can carry out a mutual exchange by:

· Using the Homeswapper website. Homeswapper is a national scheme for tenants across the country who want to exchange homes. You can register with the scheme and look at properties on their website at AmicusHorizon is registered on the scheme so it is free to join if you are one of our residents

· Finding someone to swap with and completing a mutual exchange form. Please contact your local office for further details.