AmicusHorizon - making homes, helping people.
We want to create:
- Excellent services
- Excellent neighbourhoods and communities
- Excellent performance.
We will achieve these through:
- Resident Involvement and empowerment
- Our people - one team
- Excellent governance and communication
- Financial and operating efficiency i.e. providing value for money.
Strategic Plan 2013-2016
'Take the leap'
We're ambitious to be the best at everything we do, and will work with residents and staff to achieve that goal.
Our strategic objectives for 2013-2016 are to:
- Deliver the best services
- Deliver the best homes
- Deliver the best support for residents
- Be the best employer
- Deliver the best productivity and efficiency
- Build the best reputation.
These objectives support our vision to:
- Deliver top resident satisfaction in the business
- Deliver top KPI performance of any large housing association in the UK
- Be a top employer - across all sectors.
You can read our Strategic Plan 2013 to 2016 [2Mb]
Operational Plan 2012-2013
(Year three of the AmicusHorizon - Strategic Plan 2010-13)
Three years ago Board led an ambitious strategy to become number one at everything we do, setting challenging performance targets. By working with residents, we're already ahead of target in many areas. We'll set even more ambitious and stretching goals for year three of the plan.
You can read our Operational Plan 2012 to 2013 [1Mb]
Financial Inclusion Strategy 2012-15
We know lots of people are having money problems. The economic downturn and welfare benefit changes can make it difficult to make ends meet. For many, it's a struggle to afford basic necessities, such as food and clothes. Financial worries can strike when you least expect them. We're here for all customers whether you rent, own or part own your home.
You can read our Financial Inclusion Strategy 2012-15 [1Mb]
Sustainability Strategy 2011-2014
The Sustainabilty Strategy states targets for improving the environmental sustainability of our existing homes, new homes and our offices.
You can read our Sustainability Strategy [4Mb] here
Customer Experience Strategy 2011-2013
This strategy will help us deliver brilliant services by making sure we always:
- Give you a positive first response
- Take ownership and responsibility to get results
- Tailor services to needs
You can read our Customer experience strategy [1Mb]
Antisocial Behaviour (ASB) Strategy 2010-2013
Older People strategy 2012-2013
Our older people's strategy aims for great homes in the future. Making homes for older people - we'll:
- Help with adapting and equipping homes
- Develop homes older people love to live in
- Refurbish or redevelop schemes and other properties built for older people to provide great-quality homes
- Improve properties to reduce residents bills and save energy.
We consulted widely on the strategy with residents and organisations we work with. It was approved by our Residents' Council and by our Board in November 2011. And that's not all.
Helping older people - we'll:
- Introduce a menu of options and more choice of services for older residents
- Help residents 'downsize' if they want to
- Promote older people's involvement in the community
- We're talking to our regional older people's forums about how we do this.
You can read our Older People strategy 2012 - 2013 [2Mb]
Corporate Social Responsibilty Statement 2013-2016
Residents, staff and board members want to make the world a better place to live. Together we want to make a positive difference to people's lives and the planet. We started on this path in 2011 with our first Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy. We'll now build on our earlier successes. This document sets out how we'll do it.
Resident Involvement Strategy 2013-2016
This is your new Resident Involvement strategy. Area Panel members and staff consulted 1254 residents to understand how we can make AmicusHorizon's involvement the best in the business.
This strategy recognises AmicusHorizon can only succeed when staff and residents work together in partnership.
You can read our Resident Involvement Strategy
Community Development Strategy 2010-13
The role of community development is to bring about social change, improvement and justice. We encourage people to work and learn from
each other. We do this by:
- Identifying needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities
- Planning, organising and taking action
- Evaluating the impact our projects have and forward plan.
You can read our Community Development Strategy 2010 - 2013 [6Mb]