Our strategies and policies
AmicusHorizon - making homes, helping people.
We want to create:
- Excellent services
- Excellent neighbourhoods and communities
- Excellent performance.
We will achieve these through:
- Resident Involvement and empowerment
- Our people - one team
- Excellent governance and communication
- Financial and operating efficiency i.e. providing value for money.
We're ambitious to be the best at everything we do, and will work with residents and staff to achieve that goal.
Our strategic objectives for 2013-2016 are to:
- Deliver the best services
- Deliver the best homes
- Deliver the best support for residents
- Be the best employer
- Deliver the best productivity and efficiency
- Build the best reputation.
These objectives support our vision to:
- Deliver top resident satisfaction in the business
- Deliver top KPI performance of any large housing association in the UK
- Be a top employer - across all sectors.
You can read our Strategic Plan 2013 to 2016 [2Mb]
Asset Management Strategy 2014 - 2019
Our Asset Management Strategy details our direction for the five years 2014 - 2019. Its key themes are:
- Efficient Ways of Working
- Making the Best Use of our Assets
- No. 1 Resident Satisfaction
- Making our Homes more Efficient.
Residents, staff and partners have been fully involved in developing this strategy. Amongst the many actions we'll take, the strategy introduces a different approach to procuring contracts to secure both value and investment in our local communities. We're calling this our 'value chain'.
You can read our Asset Management Strategy 2014 - 2019 [13Mb]
Operating Plan 2014
(Year 2 of the Strategic Plan 2013-16)
We're delivering sector leading performance and are confident we can be the best housing provider in the United Kingdom.
One of our biggest strengths and successes is the way we work with residents. This means we prioritise what matters most to residents, offer better value, and increase satisfaction. We'll continue to work with residents to modernise services and offer:
- More opportunities for residents to access services on line in a way and a time that suits them
- More mobile working to enable our staff to work more efficiently
- More customer focused services using customer relationship management systems.
You can read our Operating Plan 2014 - (Year 2 of the Strategic Plan 2013-16) [12Mb]
Financial Inclusion Strategy 2012-15
We know lots of people are having money problems. The economic downturn and welfare benefit changes can make it difficult to make ends meet. For many, it's a struggle to afford basic necessities, such as food and clothes. Financial worries can strike when you least expect them. We're here for all customers whether you rent, own or part own your home.
You can read our Financial Inclusion Strategy 2012-15 [1Mb]
Sustainability Strategy 2011-2014
The Sustainabilty Strategy states targets for improving the environmental sustainability of our existing homes, new homes and our offices.
You can read our Sustainability Strategy [4Mb] here
Corporate Social Responsibilty Statement 2013-2016
Residents, staff and board members want to make the world a better place to live. Together we want to make a positive difference to people's lives and the planet. We started on this path in 2011 with our first Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy. We'll now build on our earlier successes. This document sets out how we'll do it.
Resident Involvement Strategy 2013-2016
This is your new Resident Involvement strategy. Area Panel members and staff consulted 1254 residents to understand how we can make AmicusHorizon's involvement the best in the business.
This strategy recognises AmicusHorizon can only succeed when staff and residents work together in partnership.
You can read our Resident Involvement Strategy [2Mb]
This policy explains how you can make a complaint and the complaints process we'll follow.
Leaseholder Service Charge Dispute Resolution Policy
This policy outlines what action leaseholders can take if:
- They feel service charges are not fair
- We have not followed the legal consultation requirements for variable service charge payers.
Mutual Exchange Policy
The policy sets out:
- Who can exchange (swap)
- How to exchange
- Our reasons for refusing an exchange
Joint Tenancy Policy
This policy outlines our approach to joint tenancies. It covers:
- Changing a sole tenancy to a joint tenancy
- Changing a joint tenancy into a sole tenancy
- Ending a joint tenancy
Domestic Abuse Policy
This policy explains our approach to domestic abuse. It includes what we'll do:
- When you report domestic abuse to us
- To help protect you if you are suffering from domestic abuse.